This winter I was lucky enough to attend two big fat Indian weddings. After 9 days of back-to-back wedding events, I had worn enough eyeliner to deserve a MAC endorsement deal and had experienced plenty of Indian stereotypes.
So as a sequel to You know it’s a brown event when…, I bring to you:
You know it’s a Big Fat Indian wedding when…
- The groom arrives to his reception after some of the guests have already left and everyone is always running late.
- You leave the wedding with more cash and a heavier suitcase than when you arrived.
- You dance to Chammak Chalo (or that year’s IT Bollywood number) at least 20 times during the week of festivities, yet you get excited each time it plays.
- More Johnny Walker’s Black Label is consumed than mineral water.
- No matter how much of Delhi Belly you may be suffering from, you can’t resist that second helping of kulfi falooda.
- Either you get fixed up or you help someone else get fixed up because one wedding should lead to many more.
I’m sure there are many more so feel free to share but this was my officially way of wishing a happily married life to Mr. & Mrs. Khosla and Mr. & Mrs. Jagtiani!