Welcome to Dollz in Dubai!
Hello! Dollz in Dubai is written and edited by Dollz; known in the real world as Ekta. Any content posted here is written by me and any body parts visible are also me unless mentioned otherwise.
In case you are interested, here are a few facts about me!
- I’m 27 years old and a Cancer/Leo cusp.
- I’m tall; 5′ 10.5″ (179 cm) to be exact.
- I’m 100% Indian, specifically Sindhi.
- I’ve never lived in India
and my last holiday there was 6 years agoand I only visit when there is a Big Fat Indian Wedding to attend.
- Apparently I don’t look Indian. I blame the extremely pale skin with naturally golden-brown hair. People claim I look Mexican, Egyptian, Greek amongst others.
- I was born in Khartoum, Sudan and spent the first part of my childhood in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Blogging is my hobby but I’m actually very nerdy and was a Process Engineer in the Oil & Gas industry before I joined the startup world – more details on my other blog here.
- I’m fluent (but slightly rusty) in French.
- I learned Hindi from watching Bollywood movies, hence can’t read/write it and speak it atrociously. However, my Sindhi-speaking skills are phenomenal.
- I generally speak English with a strong American accent, but can switch to an Indian accent on will.
- Dubai is the only city I consider home and have lived here for the past 20 years.
- I went to college in Pasadena (Los Angeles) at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) where I studied Chemical Engineering.
- I love traveling but my favorite city has to be New York City and Paris as a close second.
- I am a Bollywood fanatic and my ultimate dream
is to meet Shahid Kapoorwas to meet Shahid Kapoor (I love you!).
- I used to be a Bollywood DJ in university and would love to study it professionally.
- I am a dog lover and I still tear up whenever I think of my 1st dog Lara.
- I’m a tomboy at heart and my for me style means comfort.
- That being said, I love getting “Dolled” up and evening gowns are my favorite indulgences.
- My biggest indulgence has been my car: a red BMW Z4 I call Laila that has been featured in Gulf News’ Wheels magazine.
- I’m a techie at heart and a die-hard Apple fangirl.
- I have an allergy to gluten, details of which you can find here.
Hopefully this puts the blog in context but if you have any further questions, ask away.
You can also stalk me on social media: