Continuing on with the 2012 Beauty Awards, today I share Part 2, with my favorite face products. In case you missed it, here is Part 1 on the Best in Eye.
WINNER: Clinique Even Better – I’ve been using Clinique for years now and it’s one of the first foundations I ever used. Even when I stray I can’t help but come back to this one. Perfect for everyday use. Read the full review here.
- Chanel Perfection Lumière – This is my go-to foundation that I use for special occasions. Great formula and gives flawless full coverage. One of my must-packs for weddings.
- Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow – A new launch this year and great for makeup newbies. The ultra light consistency makes it easy to apply. My mom ended up stealing my tube!
WINNER: MAC Select Cover-Up – This was a surprise winner for me. While nothing can beat the coverage of MAC Pro Longwear, this wins due to its easy to apply formula and smart packaging. It can also double up as a foundation in case you are stretched for time.
- MAC Pro Longwear – I’ve extolled it’s virtues in a review before and it is still has hands down the best coverage of any concealer I’ve used.
- Benefit Boi-ing – This is another repurchase and lives in my handbag for makeup emergencies. A must-try for all.
- YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch – I finally figured out how to use this product this year and thus understood why so many people love it. Apply it as a brightener over your concealer and banish dark spots forever!
WINNER: None – This result might seem surprising but none of the setting powders I’ve tried have been perfect. To be fair, the large amount of product in each item and price points mean I don’t test as many setting powders as I do lipstick or eyeliner. Nevertheless, I’m still searching for the holy grail product so give me your recommendations. I’ll be trying out Clinique and Laura Mercier in the new year.
Products in rotation:
- Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder – Great for special occasions and pairs with my Chanel foundation perfectly but the white color means it doesn’t provide that glow/partial coverage when worn on tinted moisturizer.
- Guerlain Météorites Powder – Technically this isn’t a setting powder but I tend to use it that way. I love the glow but it does take a significant effort to get product onto your brush. Full review here.
WINNER: Benefit Boxed Powder in Coralista/Bella Bamba – Benefit has the best blushes of all brands by a long margin. I’ve been a Boxed Powder junkie for years now and will remain faithful. The package is sturdy and travels well and the formula blends perfectly.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Amused – New entrant this year and unfortunately not available in the Middle East. The formula is much-loved by beauty bloggers in the USA and I can see why. Sephora – please bring this brand to Dubai ASAP!
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze/Rose – Another one of my old favorites. It’s meant to be used as a highlighter/bronzer but that doesn’t stop me to wear it on it’s own. I love the trend of Bobbi Brown releasing special edition bricks each year. Full review here.
- Contour: Benefit Hoola – I’m still new to contouring but this fine-milled formula makes blending easy and foolproof.
- Tinted Moisturizer: Urban Decay Urban Defense – The product I use almost everyday. Perfect blend of moisture and coverage.
- Primer: Benefit Porefessional and Girl Meets Pearl – Benefit has the perfect primer for each person. I use Porefessional for evening/heavy makeup looks and Girl Meets Pearl works great on a daily basis under my tinted moisturizer.
Liking this feature? Share your favorites/comments below. And check back soon for our next section on lip products.