The end of the year makes me reminisce so I figured this would be a good time to start an annual feature – the 2012 Roundup or if we want to be glamourous, the Dollz in Dubai Beauty Awards! So here is Part 1 with the best in eye products.
WINNER: Urban Decay 24/7 in Perversion – Described as the “blackest black” this is exactly that. If you need a single product to transform your look from simple to sultry, this is your best choice. The texture is soft and the formula long-lasting. Works great if you set it with a black eyeshadow like MAC Black Tied.
- Urban Decay 24/7 in Bourbon – A glittery brown that is natural enough for daytime looks.
- Lancome Artliner in Noir – A new entrant to my beauty kit. This liquid liner has an ultra fine tip for easy application.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in Turquoise Blue – MUFE has a great formula and this is the perfect color for a fun look.
- Tarte EmphasEyes Inner Rim Brightener – Beauty editors all comment on the advantage of using a nude eyeliner on the waterline and this is a great one to start with.
WINNER: Tom Ford Beauty Eye Color Quad in Cognac Sable – If I had to pick one eyeshadow set for the rest of my life, this would be it. It comes with the perfect colors for a brown smokey eye and can take you from day to night. And who doesn’t love the luxury of Tom Ford.
- Urban Decay 15-Year Anniversary Palette – I always pack this for weddings as it contains a great collection of bright and metallic colors all with the top-notch UD eyeshadow quality. This one is last year’s limited edition release but this year’s Vice Palette is a great alternative.
- MAC Eyeshadow in Black Tied – One of my old favorites and a basic for a smokey eye. I recently found it great to pack on top of eyeliner (like Urban Decay Perversion) for a long-lasting look.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Shadow – This unique formula can be used wet/dry and comes in a range of great colors.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Sapphire – Recommended by my friend Siddhi, this is another great product for a one-step smokey eye or as a base for layering.
WINNER: Maybelline Volum’ Express the Colossal in Glam Black – I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve repurchased this but it must be at least 5 by now. This all-in-one mascara does a brilliant job and is easy on the budget. I used it by layering with some of my other favorite mascaras.
- Benefit They’re Real! in Black – I love the brush and gives a separated, curled look.
- Diorshow New Look – The newest entry to the Diorshow family is the perfect evening mascara. Read the full-review here.
- L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes – A gift from fellow blogger Neelofer, this makes a good option for a basic day mascara if the Maybelline brush doesn’t work for you.
- Eyeshadow Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin – This base ensures your eyeshadow stays put all night long. The champaign color is also a great base for a simple day look.
- Eyebrow Color: MAC Charcoal Brown Eyeshadow and Ardell Eyebrow Pencil – I only recently discovered the benefits of darkening your brows and these two have become and important part of my beauty kit.
Did your favorites make the cut? Anything I may have missed? Let me know in the comments below.